December 2012 Birchbox Review - Shamefully Late

12:49 AM


December 2012 Birchbox Box - Super Late Review

FTC Disclaimer: All products where purchased by ME. This review is my honest opinion and my experience with the   product. I have not been paid to write this review. Some if any links below might be affiliate, some might not.


Ok, shame on me for being late with my box reviews, but I've been so busy that even the videos I've made haven't even been touched. Not to mention I left the Flash-drive with the videos to edit at home and now all I can do is settle for a lame blog review. I can however tell you that this box was not even close to being lame. I place full sized orders immediately because I knew I was going to LOVE some of the products. 
NUXE Reve de Miel Facial Cleansing and Makeup Removing Gel
I'm going to begin with my favorite, the NUXE Reve de Miel Facial Cleansing and Makeup Removing Gel. The sample size I believe was .5oz which was generous but lasted only two weeks. It smells and has the look and almost the feel of a lightly textured honey. It's simply delicious! As a makeup remover it worked great, just not so well on water-proof mascara. General cleansing with this product is just wonderful and works even better paired with a Clarisonic if you happen to own one. It gives a slight tingle but nothing that caused severe reaction to my sensitive skin. My face felt clean and fresh and helped clear up some light acne that I was having. The full bottle has lasted me longer than the trial size because I alternate this cleanser only for morning use. I feel it's better because it gives me that fresh clean wake-me-up feeling I need in the mornings. Full size is 6.7 oz and costs $19.00

Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod

My next favorite product, can you guess? A Chuao Chocolatier ChocoPod sample!  I ate that bad boy immediately and I swear I think I flew to heaven and back in my desk chair. These aren't your regular ole chocolates, your  Hershey's, your Reece's pieces of goodness, no no no, these are the most delicious pieces of chocolates you will put inside of your mouth. Don't believe me, try them yourself. My favorite was the Firecracker one, the Spicy Maya, The Salted Chocolate Crunch, The Maple Bacon, and the Honeycomb. Yeah I couldn't just pick one but they are in order from my first favorite and so forth, you get the drift. These come in the cutest box, when I received them I thought they had sent me a  necklace by accident. It was just chocolates, I was still excited. I can't describe the flavors, but my honey and even my co-workrs can attest that these are some delicious little treats for any chocolate lover and a great gift. You get 7 VERY generously sized chocolates individually packaged, each it's own flavor, at only $6.00


{The next couple of samples I didn't love so I will be brief}

Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls
This product is meant to "deliver fluffy, touchable curls and larger than life volume, without weighing down your hairs natural bounce," well I didn't experience this. This made my hair flat, broke my curls, and made my hair look weighed-down and life-less. It does however have the best smell ever... it smells like bounty sheets which I love. For some reason I got great complements on how great my hair smells and how fresh and clean I smelled. So, if you don't mind having your hair up in a pony and smelling like you've jumped in with your laundry in the dryer with 100 bounce sheets I'd steer away and get a better curling product. If you want to smell fresh and have flat hair to put up in a pony, the retail price for this bad boy is $22.00 for 8.5 fl oz. 

Juliette Has a Gun Perfume by Mad Madame 

Juliette Has a Gun came in the cutest presentation, a small envelope with a vial of perfume; however, it wasn't for me. The smell was too strong and as I have learned, perfumes and mascaras are one of the hardest to review because everyone is so unique in the qualities they look for in these items. I'd suggest going to sephora or anywhere that carries it to try it out before you buy it just incase.  So, here are the notes of the perfume: rose, freesia, and black currant open up to earthy wood notes. Balancing the sweet floral scents are base notes of white musk, tolu balsam, and vanilla absolute. If you think this would appeal to you the 100ml bottle is $135.00 and has quite a cute packaging if the smell is your style. P.S I gave my sample to a friend and on her it smelled amazing, on me not so much so it depends on your body chemistry. 

ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss

Oh ModelCo, ModelCo, what can I say about good ole ModelCo products. I'll be nice and just say I'll pass. I wouldn't even pass this on to a friend it's that bad. I have yet to try a ModelCo lipstick or Gloss that doesn't smell bad, break, or is overly sticky. The only plus side about the packaging is the mirror on the tube. I'll leave this review here, or I could end up on a vent-a-thon. Price$16.00 ouch 4ml in the tube. Not impressed. 

That was my December 2012 Birchbox, if you don't know that Birchbox is, basically it is a monthly subscription where you get deluxe beauty and lifestyle samples for just $10.00 a month. It's a cheap way to try product from brands you probably wouldn't have heard from. 

For more info go to www.birchbox.com


Happy Shopping,
Marisa

FTC Disclaimer: All products where purchased by ME. This review is my honest opinion and my experience with the   product. I have not been paid to write this review. Some if any links below might be affiliate, some might not.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Brandbacker

Bloglog