Balm Jovi Rockstar Palette by TheBalm

5:25 PM

Balm Jovi Rockstar Palette by TheBalm

FTC Disclaimer: All products where purchased by ME. This review is my honest opinion and my experience with the   product. I have not been paid to write this review. Some if any links below might be affiliate, some might not.

Balm Jovi Rockstar Palette by TheBalm
I've never owned a product from TheBalm until Birchbox sent me a sample of the Blush in Hot Mama! and I was immediately curious about the product line. The blush was so buttery soft and pigmented. It lasted all day, so I thought with all the rave going on about "other" palettes from theBalm why not take a shot at this bad boy and see if we got along like Hot Mama and I did. Sure enough, I get my package and the first thing I notice was the portability, the design, and the creativity they put behind this palette.

Not only did this palette have the shadows, blush, highlighter, AND two lipsticks, AND a nice chart, AND razor thin, but it has a FULL FLEDGED freaking heart shaped very very handy and usable MIRROR. Not one of those cheapy, I can barely see myself mirror, I think I'm in a clown house mirror, but an amazing crystal clear big mirror. So, this is where I start thinking there has to be something wrong right? Nice looking palette the shadows must suck and the lipsticks have to be cheap. Ummmm.. no Marisa... NO! 

Left: Blush in DON'T YOU WANT ME?     Right: Highlighter in SOLID GOLD

Let's begin with the blush and highlighter since those where the two that I dug into first. The blush is matte light pink salmon that looks like a natural blush on the cheeks. I love how natural it looks, it looks like i'm blushing without blushing which I guess is what I wear blush because I'm pale white. Ok, the highlighter well it's soft and buttery but I like the natural look that this one gives, perhaps because of the golden undertones. I find sometimes highlighters can be too white casting and this one has more of a gold/suntanned look to it. 
Top row is the Heavy Metal Shadows (METAL-ICA, IRON MAID-IN, LEAD ZEPPELIN, ALICE COPPER). Mid Row is the Classical (ADAGIO, ALLEGRO, MODERATO, PRESTO). The bottom row is Alternative (BLINK 1982, THE STROKE, REN, THIRD EYE BLINDED).
The shadows are separated into three sections of 4 shadows. I won't go into detail on each shadow or you will be here all day with me but there is some fall out with the Heavy Metal section mainly because they are so pigmented you can easily grab too much on your brush and make a  mess so be sure to tap any excess off your brush before application. The Heavy Metal section seem to me metallic finish shadows, the Classical are all matte shadows of which are incredibly buttery and easy to work with, and the Alternative section are more of a satin finish. All the shadows are easy to work with but remember they are VERY pigmented so a little goes a long way and make sure to tap that brush before applying to your eye so you decrease the chance of any fall out. I'm very impressed. So far my favorite and most reached for shades in the palette have been Alice Copper, Moderato, Adagio, Blink 1982, Rem, and Third Eye Blinded. 

Left lipstick in shade MILLY / Right lipstick in shade VANILLY

Last but not least, the lipsticks! I'm not calling these glosses because by no means are these glosses, they are highly pigmented full-coverage lipsticks in a pan. They are not dry which I love, for a pan lipstick they are pretty moisturizing and stay on for so long. My boyfriend was shocked at how long the red (Vanilly) shade stayed on my lips. I wore that bad boy for nearly 11 hours with minor fading. Milly is more of a light mauve pink and Vanilly is a bright red with blue undertone. 
This is the back of the palette. They didn't miss a beat with their design, and quite honestly I'm addicted to this palette. I've been testing this product for a month and it's all I've been wearing. Now that I tested, played, approved, I can move on to my next palette... no worries, this one is staying at the top of my makeup vanity for easy reach. 

Hope you enjoyed this review, please don't forget to subscribe in the bottom right!
XOXO,
Marisa

FTC Disclaimer: All products where purchased by ME. This review is my honest opinion and my experience with the   product. I have not been paid to write this review. Some if any links below might be affiliate, some might not.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Brandbacker

Bloglog