Shiseido Limited Edition Powder Foundation Cases for Summer 2013

9:45 AM

Shiseido Limited Edition Powder Foundation Cases for Summer 2013


The Shiseido compacts for summer of 2013 are so cute, they look almost like macaroons. With their cheerful bright yellow color and three design selections, how can you not be tempted to sport one this summer?
At just $8 per case (not including the powder foundation) it's a bargain and a great way to spice up your summer makeup bag. I like that these can be refilled, so once your foundation is gone you can pop another foundation pan in with a brand new sponge and your off to go. The compact is lightweight, adorable and fit's nicely even in a small to-go makeup bag. 

These compacts are only compatible with Shiseido Sun protection Compact Foundation SPF 36 (Refill Pans) which come in 7 shades. The foundation refills are $27 and come with 1oz of product. While I'm not a huge powder foundation fan because of my dry patches, this one doesn't accentuate them and somehow feels cooling and moisturizing on my skin. I've really enjoyed wearing this to the beach for extra sun protection or alone for every day running around.

I do want to point out that I just recently started tanning and while I'm not super dark I've had to get the darkest shade in the foundation because they run a bit on the light side. If your fair, light, or tanned you will be able to color match. If you are dark tanned, olive or ebony you will not find a shade in this foundation line. It's sad to say this as I feel everyone should be able to wear this. 

The powder foundation itself is lightweight but does give a medium to a buildable full-coverage. It feels cooling to the skin and doesn't accentuate dry patches on the skin as most other powder formulas. Normal, Combination, and Oily skin types will enjoy this the most. If you have extremely dry skin, I'd highly suggest to test the product before purchasing and to wear a primer underneath. 

If your wondering which one I purchased, I got the one with the star that looks like a sun. It was hard to choose between all three but I loved that design the most.

You can find these at Macy's, Nordstrom and most department stores. 
                              

What's in your summer makeup bag?
Cheers,
Marisa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Brandbacker

Bloglog